World Climate Research Programme
and Water Cycle Experiement
GEWEX Land-Atmosphere System Study &
International Satellite Land Surface Climatology Project
News Items: (updated 9 September 2004)
- P1 correction!
- The precipitation files to use for P1 were listed incorrectly.
The files listed were not hybrid ERA-40 precipitation. They were
the original ERA-40 precipitation. We have added a new experiment
PE to represent what we had wanted originally in P1. Please see
the table of experiements for the corrections.
- ISCCP radiation data available in GSWP-2/ALMA format. This observationally-based alternative to the SRB radiation is now available and listed under sensitivity experiment R3.
- Sensitivity experiments have begun. Please see the table of experiements for updates and information.
- Suites A and B are due!
- Suite C due date: 15 October 2004.
- GSWP-2 Science Workshop will be held in Kyoto, Japan 13-15 September.
- More validation data have been posted from GAME Siberia. See the validation page.
- Documentation of the forcing data is available as COLA Technical Report #159.
- Baseline data submission information
- An FAQ page has been started to help with accessing the data, reporting problems, and getting the most out of the DODS server technology (last updated 31 August 2004).
Calendar of Events
Global Soil Wetness Project
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
A portion of GSWP-2 is supported by the National Aeronautics
and Space Administration (NAG5-11579).